Why do we use Soy Wax?
It’s no secret that we use Soy Wax for our wax melts, it’s something we advertise, because we are proud of it. Not only does it mean our wax melts are suitable for everyone due to it being a vegetable wax, derived from soybean oil, but it also means it’s better for you too.
Our main reasons against Paraffin Wax
- Paraffin Wax is traditionally made from petroleum oil which can release harmful toxins into the air when melted
- It isn’t environmentally friendly, or renewable, due to the fact it is derived from petroleum
- Past studies have suggested melting Paraffin Wax gives off Benzene – a substance that promotes the growth of cancer
- Can release black soot when burning, which over time could leave nasty marks/patches in your home, not to mention the effects on your body when inhaled
- Paraffin Wax also has a flashpoint, which means if the temperature gets too hot, it could catch fire
Many brands, including some of the big names you may have used before, choose to use Paraffin Wax because it is usually a cheaper solution, and is most often easier to work with than Soy Wax.
Why we choose to use Soy Wax
- Soy Wax is 100% natural, environmentally friendly & renewable
- It’s a non-toxic product making it better for your environment & health!
- Soybean plants are not in short supply, therefore Soy Wax is completely renewable
- It doesn’t contain any additives or anything artificial
- Because of its natural properties it provides a cleaner burn, which means it doesn’t release toxins or pollutants, and is less likely to trigger allergies
- It is a carbon neutral product, therefore doesn’t have a negative effect on our planet
- Soy Wax burns around 40-50% slower than Paraffin Wax due to its low melting point, resulting in longer lasting products & better value for money
- Easier to clean those accidental spillages, due to its biodegradable properties
Overall, we believe using Soy Wax in our products is better for your home, your family/pets, your environment, and your pocket. It is important to us that we provide a great quality product, whilst also keeping you and our environment in mind too!
Fancy trying our Soy Wax Melts?